MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Md. - Suspects are stealing credit cards from Montgomery County shoppers, and police need your help to catch them.
Police are investigating three credit card thefts that happened October 5 and October 6 at a shopping center on Rockville Pike.
Investigators say two of the victims had their credit cards stolen from their purses while shopping. The third victim had her credit cards stolen from a purse that she left in her vehicle.
Police obtained surveillance pictures of a man and a woman using one of the stolen credit cards, and they are asking for the public’s help to identify the suspects.
Anyone with information about the suspects is asked to call police at 240-773-6084 or call Crime Solvers of Montgomery County toll-free at 1-866-411-TIPS (8477
As the holiday shopping season begins, police are reminding residents to keep safe while shopping by following these tips:
- Carry a wallet in an inside coat or front pants pocket.
- Carry your closed purse as close to your body as possible.
- Do not become distracted by your shopping. Stay alert and be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Park in well-lighted parking lots and park as close to the mall or store as possible.
- Lock your car doors and keep packages hidden in the trunk or under the seats of your vehicle.
- Do not carry large amounts of cash with you - pay with checks or credit cards when possible.
- Try to avoid carrying a large number of bags. Make trips back to your vehicle to store packages in the trunk as you continue to shop.