WASHINGTON - Metro is implementing increased fares, among other changes, starting Sunday.
Metrorail fares will increase by 10 cents during peak hours, and 25 cents during off-peak hours. All Metrobus fares will increase by 25 cents.
Metrorail hours are extending to 1 a.m. on Friday and Saturday nights, while stations will close at 11:30 p.m Monday through Thursday and at 11 p.m. on Sunday.
Changes are being made to Metrorail and Metrobus routes.
Metrorail changes include:
- Elimination of Yellow Rush+
- Yellow line trains will run between Huntington and Mt. Vernon Square during rush hour, and between Huntington and Ft. Totten at other times
Metrobus changes include:
- Elimination of Route 7X Lincolnia Pentagon - Use Route 7W instead
- Eliminating service to Tysons Corner Town Center on the westbound Route 28A Leesburg Pike - Use Route 26A or 28A instead
- Extending weekday REX Richmond Highway Express to Forrt Belvoir Post Exchange/Commissary via Gunston Road
- Elimination of service to Jackson Loop
The WMATA is implementing changes in an effort to close a budget gap and provide additional time for maintenance.