POTOMAC, Md. - A man and woman were taken to the hospital after firefighters rescued them from the second floor of their burning home in Potomac.
Firefighters responded to a 9-1-1 call at about 7 a.m. Saturday morning concerning a large amount of smoke in the kitchen of a home in the 10300 block of Logan Drive.
Montgomery County Fire Chief Scott Goldstein says firefighters were able to rescue the residents from the second floor using ladders while simultaneously fighting the fire in the kitchen.
The residents were transported to a local hospital in critical but stable condition.
Officials say that two firefighters are also being treated for injuries sustained while rescuing the trapped residents.