Officials: Cat caused house fire in Suitland

- Fire officials say a house fire in Prince George's County that displaced two people was caused by a cat.

The home on the 2100 block of DuPont Avenue in Suitland received roughly $50,000 in damage from the blaze, which occurred Sunday morning after a cat knocked a candle onto a mattress.

Officials say two adults were displaced from the home, but that no injuries were reported.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

More Stories You May Be Interested In - Includes Advertiser Stories