Dog dies of heat stroke at Petco after family says groomer accidently left pet in drying cage

POWHATAN COUNTY, Va. - A Virginia family is mourning the loss of their family dog.

The Marks family says they dropped off their 2-year-old golden retriever, Colby, at a Petco in Chesterfield County on Friday for a routine grooming.

When the family had not heard back from Petco after a few hours they called the store, and were told to meet the store manager at an animal hospital.

Colby was pronounced dead from apparent heat stroke.

The manager told the family that a groomer had accidentally left Colby in one of the drying cages after leaving to attend a graduation party.

Up Next:

  • Popular

  • Recent

More Stories You May Be Interested In - Includes Advertiser Stories