Salt & Pepper chefs, Terrell ‘Tee' Danley and Brian Reeve, joined us with their modern twist on some Super Bowl snack favorites
Brian's Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 5 minutes; cooking time: 5-to-10 minutes
¼ cup favorite hot sauce
2 sticks (½ lb.) butter
½ -to- 1 lb. chicken tenders (can substitute boneless, skinless chicken thighs)
4-to-6 pretzel rolls
Garnishes -- chopped celery, carrot shavings, blue cheese crumbles, spicy mayonnaise
1. In large skillet, add sauce, butter; stir over medium heat until butter melts; add chicken; cook uncovered until done (about 5-to-10 minutes).
2. Remove chicken from skillet; cool briefly.
3. Roughly chop chicken; make sandwiches w/rolls, garnishes.
Chef Tee's Buffalo Shrimp
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 10-to-15 minutes; cooking time: 5- to-10 minutes
1 ½ lbs. large shrimp with or without tail, butterflied, deveined, shells removed
1 medium white onion, sliced
1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
1 Tbsp. sherry vinegar (can substitute cider or rice vinegar)
Salt to taste
¼ cup chicken stock
3 Tbsps. (or to taste) hot sauce
2 Tbsps. parsley, chopped
4 Tbsps. butter (optional)
Favorite bread, cut into ¼ -inch slices, toasted
1. In large skillet, heat 2 Tbsps. oil over medium-high heat; add onions; cook until lightly browned (about 3-to-5 minutes).
2. Add shrimp to onions, cook about 1 minute; stir in1 Tbsp. oil, paprika, salt to taste.
3. Stir in sherry vinegar, chicken stock, hot sauce; cook until shrimp are pink (about 1-to-2 minutes).
4. Turn off heat; stir in parley, butter.
5. Serve w/toasted bread slices.