Smoke detector alerts family to fire in basement of Montgomery County home

- A person was hospitalized after a fire tore through a home in Montgomery County. The fire happened at a two-story home on Settlers Landing Way in North Potomac, Maryland.

Investigators say the fire began in the basement at around 4 a.m. One of the residents was alerted to the fire by a smoke detector, however, initially they thought the device was malfunctioning. The fire was then discovered in the basement and others inside the home were helped to safety.

Emergency crews did transport one person to the hospital who was suffering from smoke inhalation.

Firefighters rescued two people from the home. Their condition is not known at this time.

The fire caused about $500K in damages and was believed to have been caused by faulty electrical wiring.

The Red Cross is currently assisting the family.

 App Store Get it on Google Play

  • Popular

  • Recent

More Stories You May Be Interested In - Includes Advertiser Stories