Black Friday has become more of a season than a single shopping day – and buying online may even save you more than shopping in the stores.
Tech expert and USA Today contributor, Regina Lewis, joined us with some ways you can become a stealth shopper and save in-store, online and no matter what the season.
1. DIY holiday cards: If you have a good camera – or a good camera phone – you might be able to shoot your own photos and make your own cards. Just watch the weight of the envelope and the postage.
2. Delaying Self Gifts: If you see a good deal in-store or online, you might not want to pass you a chance to treat yourself. Fight the urge and wait until you can get those December 26th savings.
3. Make Memories: Often times, the best present you can get ol’ mom and dad if to spend some time with them around the holidays. Buy a ticket and head home – or treat them to tickets to come to you. You can even buy tickets for a show that you all can see together.
4. Be Smart at the Grocery Store: Keep an eye on food prices especially around the holidays. F you’re not careful, you might end up spend much more than normal. Avoid in-store marks up and keep your eyes open online.
5. Use Credit Card and Airline Points to Pay for Gifts: Now is a great time to use your points to buy holiday gifts. But be smart! A lot of times it makes better sense to take your points as a gift card and head to store to pick up the gift.