Workers hospitalized after exposure to carbon monoxide in Rockville

Eleven people have been transported to the hospital after being exposed to carbon monoxide at a commercial building in Rockville, fire officials say.

A hazmat team along with fire and rescue units responded to the 14900 block of Southlawn Lane after a worker passed out Monday afternoon.

"They thought it was heat exhaustion, so they had pulled him out," said Montgomery County Fire and Rescue spokesperson Pete Piringer. "EMS crew got here, were on the way to the hospital, and they determined they had a high level of [carbon monoxide]."

Authorities say eight of the victims were tested and confirmed to have carbon monoxide poisoning. They were taken to the shock trauma center in Baltimore for treatment.

Officials say construction workers were doing renovations inside of the vacant building when they got sick from the odorless gas.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

More Stories You May Be Interested In - Includes Advertiser Stories