Some nights it seems like you can try everything but still can't get to sleep.
One scientist now says he can have you snoozing in just 60 seconds with a simple breathing technique.
Harvard trained Doctor Andrew Weil tells The Daily Mail that the 4:7:8 technique regulates your breathing allowing oxygen to better fill the lungs. Weil says the technique mind and relaxes muscles.
So do you want to fall asleep in 60 seconds?
Here is the technique as posted on Dr. Weil's website:The 4:7:8 (or Relaxing Breath) Exercise
• Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound.
• Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of four.
• Hold your breath for a count of seven.
• Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound to a count of eight.
• This is one breath. Now inhale again and repeat the cycle three more times for a total of four breaths.
Get the full breakdown here: http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART00521/three-breathing-exercises.htmlWatch Dr. Weil demonstrate the technique: http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/VDR00160/Dr-Weils-Breathing-Exercises-4-7-8-Breath.html