At an event streamed exclusively on Apple products earlier Monday, CEO Tim Cook gave his best sales pitch for the company's first foray into the smartwatch market.
Here are five things you need to know about what's being called Apple's most personal device ever:
#1: 3 MODELS TO CHOOSE FROM
- Apple Watch Sport - For the health and fitness crowd; anodized aluminum cases in silver or space gray
- Apple Watch - Stainless steel cases in traditional and black
- Apple Watch Edition - Luxury model; 18-karat gold cases in yellow or rose
#2: SO MANY FEATURESReally, where do we begin? Answering calls from your watch is just the beginning.
The Apple Watch lets you check email, control music, track your workouts, make purchases with Apple Pay, check your Instagram, and even request an Uber.
And yes, the watch comes with Siri, too.
#3: BATTERY LIFEWith all of those features, you might be worried that the Apple Watch will lose battery life quickly. Apple says it will last "all-day" or up to 18 hours.
The watch is charged with a magnetic charger that clicks into place when it's near the back of the watch.
#4: IT'LL COST BETWEEN $349 and $10,000+
- Apple Watch Sport - Starts at $349, up to $399
- Apple Watch - Starts at $549, up to $1,099
- Apple Watch Edition - Starts at $10,000, available in limited quantities
#5: YOU HAVE ABOUT A MONTH TO SAVE UPYou can pre-order the new Apple Watch starting April 10. That's when it will also be available to try on in Apple stores. Shipping begins two weeks later, April 24.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.