Metro Transit Police have arrested a 14-year-old boy for a string of iPhone robberies in the transit system.
Police say the D.C. teenager has been charged for six separate robberies along the Blue, Orange and Silver lines that took place between May 27 and June 15.
The robberies took place on board trains and inside stations and involved taking iPhone 6 devices.
Police say video evidence was used identify the suspect.
The six cases he has been charged in include:
- May 27, 2015 - 11:15 p.m. at Minnesota Avenue
- May 31, 2015 - 9:42 p.m. at Eastern Market
- June 1, 2015 - 10:10 p.m. at Deanwood
- June 9, 2015 - 1:30 p.m. at Eastern Market
- June 12, 2015 - 10:50 p.m. at Benning Road
- June 15, 2015 - 3:10 p.m. at Deanwood
Last month, Metro issued an alert warning passengers about a spike of iPhone6 devices being snatched out of victims’ hands as trains were making stops at stations and on station platforms.