Montgomery Parks, part of The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, announces discounts for federal employees currently furloughed. Parks staff is looking forward to welcoming those affected and providing an outlet to reduce stress and engage with nature.
Montgomery Parks’ four nature centers and Brookside Gardens continue to be free and open to the public with unique programming and engaging opportunities. In addition, our Ice Rinks, Tennis Centers, Driving Range, and Permits Office will be offering furloughed government employees discounts, including:
- 50% off any public skating admission at Cabin John Ice Rink and Wheaton Ice Arena
(Federal employees can receive the discount as well as up to 3 family members skating with them)
- 50% off a bucket of balls at the South Germantown Driving Range
- 50% off a Spot Time court fee at Pauline Betz Addie Tennis and Wheaton Indoor Tennis
- 25% discount on all permits and rentals but the discount is only good for events happening while the permit holder is furloughed
- Federal Employees will need to show valid ID to receive the discounts at Montgomery Parks facilities.
Please check Montgomery Parks’ Weather Alerts page for potential closures due to inclement weather this weekend.
About The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission Montgomery Parks
Montgomery Parks manages more than 36,000 acres of parkland, consisting of 422 parks. Montgomery Parks is a department of the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC), a bi-county agency established in 1927 to steward public land. M-NCPPC has been nationally recognized for its high-quality parks and recreation services and is regarded as a national model by other parks systems. www.MontgomeryParks.org
Montgomery Parks, part of the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, encourages and supports the participation of individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Program Access Office at 301-495-2581 (Voice/TTY), MD Relay 7-1-1 or 800-552-7724 or ProgramAccess@MontgomeryParks.org to request a disability modification. Visit www.MontgomeryParks.org/access for more information.