WASHINGTON - This week's Zip Trip took us to the Capitol Hill area of Washington, D.C. It's one of the oldest residential neighborhoods in the District and is within walking distance of the U.S. Capitol.
Photos: Best of FOX 5 Zip Trip to Capitol Hill
Here are the FIVE MUST STOPS:
UNITED STATES BOTANIC GARDEN
- You will not be disappointed when you see what this living plant museum has to offer. Be sure to check out the exhibits in the conservatory.
FOLGER SHAKESPEARE LIBRARY
- This is home to the largest Shakespeare collection. The building's white marble exterior alone will take your breath away. Study Shakespeare's works while sitting in the Elizabethan garden, watch a performance in the Folger Theatre or check out an exhibit in the Great Hall.
BARRACKS ROW MAIN STREET
- Located just eight blocks east of the U.S. Capitol, you might need more than a day to experience all of the restaurants and shops, including District Doughnut and Rose's Luxury.
- This is where visitors come from all over to shop. Tuesday through Sunday, find everything from flowers and fresh produce to meats and cheeses.
- More than 90,000 visitors pass through this major train station daily. Take an Amtrak to your next vacation destination, dine in one of their many restaurants or check out a large variety of specialty shops.
WATCH SOME OF THE HIGHLIGHTS FROM OUR ZIP TRIP ABOVE