WASHINGTON - A new CareerBuilder survey published in the Washingtonian Magazine finds that many U.S. workers think they are overweight and blame their desk-bounded careers for the extra pounds!
56 percent of the nation's workforce believes that they are overweight and 45 percent believe they have gained weight at their current job
In addition, an astounding 25 percent of workers say they gained more than ten pounds at their current job.
The survey identified cities where workers are most likely to gain weight and Washington D.C. is near the top of the list?
Jessica Jessie, a pro bikini competitor, master personal trainer and a certified nutritionist, joined us with a few tips on how to stave off those work place pounds.
- 51% of respondents sitting at a desk most of the day
- 45% too tired from work to exercise
- 38% eating because of stress
- 38% no time to exercise before or after work
- 24% eating out regularly
- 19% having to skip meals because of time constraints
- 18% workplace celebrations