Are you looking to find your love and finally settle down? Callie Harris of threedayrule.com joins FOX 5 to give viewers some tips on finding love in 2016.
1. Get online, but be smart! Match and OkCupid predict January 3 will have the highest number of users online. Harris says people should wipe their minds of the online dating stigma and have an open mind. Even if someone might not initially come off as your “type,” you might be surprised by who you meet. Your profile should include things you’re interested in for easy conversation starters.
2. Make yourself approachable. The best thing to do is to get off your phone and start random conversations! Making eye contact and sharing a smile can go a long way. Don’t be afraid of meeting new people.
3. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Harris says working with a matchmaker can help you figure out how to date smarter. An expert helps you find not only what you’re looking for, but what you should be looking for.
4. Check out a new hobby or join a new interest group. Whether it’s a cooking class, rock climbing or improve classes, sign up for something that interests you. That way, you’ll have fun AND meet people who enjoy the things you do.
5. Check out threedayrule.com. Signing up is free as well as meeting with a matchmaker.