Family: Rocker Tom Petty died of accidental drug overdose

- Tom Petty’s family says his death last year was due to an accidental drug overdose.

Mobile users - click here for post from Tom Petty official Facebook page.

His wife and daughter released the results of Petty’s autopsy via a statement on his Facebook page Friday night. Dana and Adria Petty say they got the results from the coroner’s office earlier in the day that the overdose was caused due to a variety of medications.

They say Petty suffered from emphysema, a fractured hip and knee problems that caused him pain but he was still committed to touring.

He had just wrapped up a tour a few days before he died in October at age 66.

Copyright 2018 FOX 11 Los Angeles : Download our mobile app for breaking news alerts or to watch FOX 11 News | Follow us on FacebookTwitter , Instagram and YouTube.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

More Stories You May Be Interested In - Includes Advertiser Stories