Who Can Enter
1. Entrants must be legal residents of Washington, D.C., Virginia, West Virginia, or Maryland who are 18 years of age or older and have lawful access to the method(s) of entry set forth in these rules.
2. Employees of Fox Television Stations, LLC, owner of television station WTTG, and Lafayette Federal Credit Union (collectively, “Sponsor”), their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family and household members of each are ineligible.
How To Enter
3. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Only one entry per e-mail address. The giveaway begins at 12:01 a.m. local time on May 20, 2019, and all entries must be received by 11:00 a.m. local time on August 23, 2019.
4. To enter, go to the contest page on our website located at www.Fox5dc.com/contests or to our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/fox5dc and find the link to the “Lafayette FCU $7,500 Giveaway.” Follow all instructions to complete the online entry.
5. Sponsor is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry, winner(s) or other giveaway information by Sponsor or entrants for any reason whatsoever. Sponsor is also not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the giveaway or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete. All entry materials may be maintained as part of WTTG’s giveaway records. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF THE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the giveaway if it becomes technically or otherwise corrupted.
6. Five finalists will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries on or about August 23, 2019, and notified by email of their selection as a finalist. Finalists will have two business days to respond and provide proof of eligibility and a signed release. If a finalist fails to respond in time, that finalist will be disqualified and an alternate finalist will be chosen by random drawing from among all remaining valid entries, if time permits. Each finalist must attend the final FOX5 Good Day DC Zip Trip event on August 30, 2019 (date subject to change at Sponsor’s sole discretion upon reasonable notice), at the Zip Trip location chosen by Sponsor in its sole discretion, in order to be eligible to win the grand prize. No proxies or “stand-ins” will be permitted. If a finalist is not present at the Zip Trip event on August 30, 2019, he or she will be disqualified. The location of the final Zip Trip will be available at least one week prior to the event and each finalist will be notified by email. If a finalist cannot attend the event at the date and time selected by Sponsor, an alternate will be selected at random from among all remaining valid entries if time permits. Any expenses incurred by finalists in attending the August 30, 2019, Zip Trip are the sole responsibility of the finalists.
Each finalist will randomly select a number corresponding with a gondola number on the National Wheel Ferris Wheel. Each gondola will contain another envelope, and the winner will be the finalist whose gondola envelope contains a card with the word “WINNER.”
7. The grand prize winner will receive a check from Lafayette Federal Credit Union in the amount of $7,500. The prize is provided by Lafayette Federal Credit Union.
8. The winner will be notified in person on August 30, 2019. The winner will be required to complete, sign, and return a Certificate of Eligibility and Release in a manner determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion within two business days after notification or the winner will be disqualified. If the winner does not return the signed and completed Certificate of Eligibility and Release within the designated time period, the winner may be disqualified and the prize forteited. In such case, Sponsor will select an alternate winner by random drawing from among the 4 remaining finalists.
9. The winner(s) cannot assign or transfer prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason.
10. The winner(s) is responsible for all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes set forth in these rules.
11. Only one prize will be awarded per household. Individuals are eligible to win only one prize within any 90-day period, regardless of the number of giveaways entered.
Odds of Winning Miscellaneous
12. Odds of winning depend on the number of correct entries received.
13. Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission to use winners’ names, hometowns, likenesses, and photographs for broadcast, online posting, and/or any in any other media, including for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional compensation.
14. These giveaway rules are available at www.fox5dc.com/contests, and Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WTTG, 5151 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Washington, D.C., 20016, through September 30, 2019.
15. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope no later than one year following the end of the entry period, to: 5151 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Washington, D.C., 20016.
16. This giveaway is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including without limitation, in jurisdictions requiring registration, filing, trust account, or posting of a bond, or any other requirements or disclosures that are not expressly satisfied by these rules. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, offering, or administration of the giveaway, or in the announcement of the prize. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a particular entry, Sponsor will determine the entrant’s identity or select an alternate winner, in its sole discretion.
18. This giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook. Entry information is provided to Sponsor, not to Facebook. Entrants release Facebook from any and all liability for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind related to this giveaway.