Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic has made a lot of dreams come true for DC-area kids, and FOX 5 is teaming up with them to help spread the word about this year’s Season of Wishes campaign. We're very excited about a making one little boy's wish come true this Friday -- and we hope you'll join us to support #SuperKaheem on his big day!
But first, here are 5 things you need to know about Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic:
1. There are 600+ local children currently waiting for their wish, and that list keeps growing.
2. 840 children are eligible for a wish each year in the Mid-Atlantic region. That's a lot of kids. Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic needs your help to close the gap between wishes waiting and wishes granted.
3. Of the former wish kids who are now adults, 71 percent believe their wish experience helped saved their lives.
4. 79 percent of former wish kids who are now adults say they believe their experience marked a turning point in their treatment and recovery.
5. There is something you can do to help—even though you might not realize it. Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic needs your AIR MILES. There are over 82 million air miles needed each year to help get kids and their families where they need to go for local wishes. By donating your miles, you can make a huge impact on a child’s life. CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT HOW TO DONATE YOUR MILES!
For more information on what you can do to help Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic, connect with them online and on social media: