WASHINGTON - FOX 5 is once again the proud media sponsor of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Light the Night walks.
Three walks are held in our area each year. They are incredibly moving and inspirational experiences where thousands of people carry lanterns and actually light up the night to raise money to fight blood cancer and fund blood cancer research.
Here are 5 things to know about the Light the Night events:
- The walks happen in October in northern Virginia, Montgomery County and the District.
- You can walk with an existing team, form a team, or just walk up and register the night of.
- Corporate donors are also welcome and needed.
- It's easy to sign up at LightTheNight.org
- Raise a certain amount of money and get a special thank you gift.
Beth Gorman, the executive director of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's National Capital Area Chapter, joined us ahead of the first walk in Reston.
"We always say - there is never a good time to be diagnosed with cancer - but never a better time to be fighting it!"
Light The Night Schedule:
Saturday October 1, 2016 0
11900 Market Street, Reston, VA 20191
Montgomery County MD
Saturday October 8, 2016
Rockville Town Center
30 Maryland Avenue, Rockville, MD 20850
Saturday October 15, 2016 0
1455 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20004